Ancient Indians believed there were seven centers of spiritual energy within the human body, located along the spine and neck, and at the crown of the head. The power of these spiritual nexuses, which are called chakras, can be activated through meditation.
With the rising popularity of yoga, reiki, and other alternative healing systems, chakras are once again in the limelight. One of the most effective ways to catalyze the power of your chakras is to meditate using chakra candles to focus the flow of your thoughts.
What Is a Chakra Candle?
Meditation candles come in seven colors. Each color is associated with a chakra that’s located in a specific part of your body and correlated with precise emotional and psychological functions.
• Red candles: Red candles symbolize the Muladhara or Root Chakra, which is situated at the base of your spine. The Root Chakra rules vitality and self-confidence.
• Orange candles: Reflecting on an orange candle can trigger the power of the Svadhisthana or Sacral Chakra. The Sacral Chakra rules love, sexuality, and intimacy.
• Yellow candles: The Manipura or Solar Plexus Chakra is associated with the color yellow. The solar plexus or diaphragm provides the body with inspiration, so yellow candles can be used to sharpen intellectual processes.
• Green candles: Green represents the Anahata or Heart Chakra. When you meditate using green candles, you’ll be able to unlock the healing powers in your deepest emotions.
• Blue candles: Blue candles signify the Vishuddha or Throat Chakra. As its name implies, the Vishuddha Chakra is located at the very center of the throat and corresponds with expressiveness and the ability to communicate effectively.
• Indigo candles: The Ajna Chakra is also known as the Third Eye. This chakra, which is correlated with the deep blue color called indigo, can connect you to intuition and spiritual wisdom.
• Purple candles: You’ll find the Sahasrara or Crown Chakra at the topmost part of your head. Its purple color is associated with the purest state of consciousness and compassion, and by focusing on a purple candle, you’ll be able to tap into deep wellsprings of hidden creativity.