One of the fruits that is almost always available at our home is avocado. The mil loves avos. So do I. And we are training the girls to love avos too. They are starting to like avo spread on their bread, avo salad, avo sushi and avo smoothie.
Here’s the avocado-milk smoothie that I made and it is really creamy, buttery, soothing, delish and filling. It can even be taken as a replacement meal, thus can help to promote weight loss. My girls commented that it was too creamy but I liked it and will definitely make this smoothie again for lunch!
1 ripe avocado
3 tablespoons of cold fresh milk
Half cup of water
Ice cubes to be blended (optional)
Put everything into my Shimono food processor and swirl it for less than a minute.
Add ice cube (optional) and serve!
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
Avocados are also considered as one of the healthiest foods in the planet because they contain in excess of 25 essential nutrients, including vitamin A, B, C, E, & K, copper, iron, phosporus, magnesium, and potassium. Avocados also contain fiber, protein, and several beneficial phytochemicals such as beta-sitosterol, glutathione and lutein, which may protect against various disease and illness.
(1) Healthy brain: can help prevent Alzheimer’s Disease. The folate in avocado contributes to preventing the formation of brain tangles that are considered a factor for Alzheimer’s.
Avocados combine brain healthy omega-3 fatty acids with natural vitamin E, which has been clinically proven to prevent Alzheimer’s disease from progressing and even reversing it in its earliest stages.
(2) Healthy heart: Avocados are rich in monounsaturated fats that boost heart health and help lower blood pressure. Avocado monounsaturated fats contain the phytonutrient beta-sitosterol, which was clinically proven to lower LDL and triglyceride blood levels while raising HDL.
Avocados’ vitamin B6 and the natural folic acid from their high amount of folate help regulate homocysteine, which if high is a harbinger of bad heart health. The natural vitamin E and the master antioxidant glutathione in a base of avocado’s monounsaturated fat’s oleic acid are also recognized heart health boosters.
(3) Pregnancy: Folic acid is commonly recommended for pregnant women to help the fetus develop its brain and other vital organs. But some health experts consider synthetically extracted folic acid a problem. They recommend using natural folate for its folic acid content instead.
Folate also reduces stroke risk, according to a study of people who eat folate rich foods.
(4) Eye health: Avocado contains the carotenoid leutein, an antioxidant that specializes with protecting the eyes from oxidative stress damage leading to poor vision, cataracts, and macular degeneration.
(5) Blood pressure: The combination of avocado’s high potassium content, 30 percent more than banana, with omega-3 and oleic acid are beneficial toward reducing blood pressure.
(6) Blood sugar: Avocado’s monounsaturated fats can prevent or reverse insulin resistance, a source of type 2 diabetes. The high soluble fiber of avocado helps prevent blood sugar spikes.
(7) Anti-inflammatory: Inflammation is considered the basis of most non-contagious diseases. Avocados have an abundance of plant phytonutrient polyphenols and flavonoids, which have been discovered as anti-inflammatory agents.
(8) Anti-aging: The master antioxidant glutathione supports the liver and the nervous system. It is responsible for replenishing and recycling other antioxidants in the body. It is vital for a strong immune system, and avocado is one of the few foods that contain a considerable amount of glutathione.
(9) Digestion: Nutrients and enzymes in avocado reduce inflammation in the stomach and small intestine’s mucous lining. This also improves the body’s ability to absorb carotenoids and nutrients.
(10) Cancer: Avocados can help protect against prostate and breast cancers.
(11) Avocados contain glutathione, a powerful antioxidants that helps fight free radicals in the body.
(12) Cure bad breath : Avocados are one of the best natural mouth wash and bad breath remedies. It is cleanses intestine which is the real cause of coated tongue and bad breath.
(13) Skin Care : The avocado oil is added in many cosmetics because of its ability to nourish the skin and make your skin glow. It also aids in treating psoriasis, a skin disease that causes skin redness and irritation